Friday, November 1, 2019

Of Night and Light and more!

I carry the light
Mixed media on canvas
80x80x4cm
© 2019 Megan Chapman
£1,450
Separate languages
Mixed media on canvas
80x80x4cm
© 2019 Megan Chapman
£1,450
The anchor holds
Mixed media on canvas
80x80x4cm
© 2019 Megan Chapman
£1,450
The "Of Night and Light" exhibition opens November 2nd (tomorrow)! Pop on by from 10-5 for a glass of sparkly and "some seriously superb art." Three of my new pieces from my latest series "The Anchor Holds" are there! The Velvet Easel Gallery, 298 Portobello High Street Portobello, Edinburgh.

In other news, I have been busy getting organised and moving back into my Drill Hall studio in Leith after my generous summer residency in the old stables in Granton. I want to say thank you to fellow artist and friend Sandra Brown of Creative Ceramics for allowing me to use the space. I love the old place but I am also ready for my creature comforts now that it is winter, and that means heat, wifi, and the Drill Hall Cafe! I learned a lot during my time at the stables and woke up some sleeping parts of myself. I will always be grateful for the opportunity and Sandra's friendship. 

Speaking of Sandra, we both have work at the fabulous Doyle Art gallery in Glasgow, and earlier today, we met up with gallery owner John Doyle in Sandra's studio so that we could each give him new work for his gallery. It was lovely to have a relaxed chat and a bit of brunch in Sandra's wonderful studio space while getting some art business taken care of. Here are some photos of us posing with a bit of our work and John. 



Besides being behind on my blog, I have also been behind on my Tuesday Video Visits. Honestly, along with my iron deficiency (don't worry I am back on the iron), everything got a bit derailed the past couple of months while I was applying for my Indefinite Leave to Remain status. I am happy to say, I received my leave to remain! I am very grateful and happy to have the stress of my immigration status off my shoulders, it is always a weight in the back of mind and now it is not. Even that is taking a bit of time to get used to! Anyway, this is all a long way to say, I did manage to record a video visit or two! And if you missed it on Facebook, here it is again. 



I think that is all I have for you this week. I have plans and ideas and soon, they will come to fruition! 
Thanks for being on this path with me and for your support. Keep fighting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment