Friday, January 31, 2020

Opportunities require support



Dear Blog readers, Patrons, and Friends! 

I am pleased to share that I have some exciting opportunities coming up! Later this month I will be showing my work in Irving Gallery in Oxford, England and in the Solo Gallery in Innerleithen, in the Scottish Borders, and I will have a solo exhibition and art talk in April at the Helensburgh Art Hub, in Helensburgh on the west coast of Scotland!
I am excited to be expanding the reach of my work throughout Scotland and England. Over the last five years of living in Edinburgh, I have worked hard to get to this point. Of course, these opportunities create additional expenses. The framing of work when required, paying art couriers, and additional travel all add up and to the pressure. Please consider supporting me on my ko-fi page to help offset these expenses, whether through a one time tip or a monthly donation.
Thanks to those who have already supported me over the last 20 plus years. I would have not made it to this point without you. I am also available for commissions and always have a range of small works that are affordable and are designed to fit most budgets. Thank you.

Real talk :
Studio rent £204/month
Framing for Oxford £222
Courier to Oxford £104
Additional petrol/mileage/time expenses to pay a friend to get work to Innerleithen and Helensburgh ££
Taxi from framer to local gallery/studio with larger work £15/trip
Format Website $72/year
Wix Shop site £97.86/year
Ko-fi Gold site $54/year
Mobile phone (photos/videos/social media) £10/month
Canvas and paint, assorted supplies, packing materials, shipping, insurance. ££££/year
Scottish Artists Union dues/ liability Insurance £60/year
Bus pass to studio £57/month
50% commission to a gallery when and if they sell a painting. That means if they sell a painting for £1,200 I will get £600 and they get £600.

I share my art, my words, videos, photos and my vision across social media for free so that my patrons can see that I am continuing on the path, to build relationships, to share beauty, to challenge, inspire and encourage and to create opportunities just like these. If you’ve enjoyed my work consider the last 10-12 pieces of art you saw of mine like buying an album on iTunes or Bandcamp and tip me £10 or $10. Or just buy me a celebratory cup of coffee because of what is coming up for just £3. And just like that, you will become an art patron --a digital Peggy Guggenheim. Go on over to my ko-fi page now. 

Thank you and remember to keep fighting, the world needs you and your work.



And as always find my work currently at the following galleries and sites. 

Portobello, Edinburgh
Scotland
You can catch my work in the Of Night and Light Exhibition until the 1st of March 2020.

Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
Ask to see my available small works and limited edition prints

Small works shop: 

On all your favourite channels!

And of course, at my studio G23, located at 36 Dalmeny Street Leith, Edinburgh EH6 8RG. I will gladly open by appointment. 

Walls too crowded, budget tight? You can still support my work. Click the link to buy me a coffee. Consider becoming a one-off or monthly supporter for exclusive content. Thanks! Support Me on Ko-fi 

No comments:

Post a Comment