Friday, June 12, 2020

Auction, Art, Action

I am catching up after a bit of a pause and delay, so if you missed the past two blog posts they are here and here.

A good reason to post a blog this week is to promote an important auction I am participating in. The benefit auction has been organised by a friend and fellow artist from my school days back in Fayetteville, Arkansas, the brilliant jeweler Flannery Grace Good who is now based in Kansas City. The auction is supporting two charities, the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund (
The premier civil rights law organization in America). The winning bidder will get to choose which charity they will donate to directly, with 100% of the funds going to the charity. 

For this event, I donated an artist's proof of my (soon to be released) limited edition giclee print of my Accidental Portrait #17 (Fuck) on heavyweight archival matte paper (220gsm/81lb) signed in pencil. A3 sized/11.7×16.5" The bidding started at $65. The auction started Thursday, June 11 at 8pm CST and ends Sunday, June 14 at 8pm CST. So there is still plenty of time to have a look at not only my work (which as of this writing is currently going for $150) but also all the other wonderful items offered by artists all around the world. 

The auction is happening over on Flannery's Instagram page with instructions on how to bid in her feed. Please go check it out and support these vital organisations. Well done to Flannery for organising this, no small task at all. I am honoured to be able to participate. Let's try to raise as much money as we can. Thank you. 

My offering. I am very pleased with the colour and quality of the reproduction.
Stay tuned for more information about my upcoming print release!

In other news, I have been doing a bit of drawing and a bit of research for a new body of work or at least some preliminary sketches towards something new... only time will tell if it fully materialises. 











In continuing actions, besides signing more petitions and having more conversations, reading, researching, and listening, I participated again in the UK wide call to action to protest wherever you were, doorstep, street, garden, or a socially distanced group protest to take the knee and or stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. I took the knee and stood outside on the road with my hand-painted sign Wednesday night at 6pm and was approached by a bewildered and slightly confrontational "all lives matter" white man. We talked for a while and then he seemed to understand and peacefully walked away. I thanked him for coming to talk to me.



Go check out the auction. Next week, we will talk about the print release among other things. Keep fighting and talking. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment