Friday, November 13, 2020

One day I will dive deeper


It's Friday and here I am. I caught up the past two weeks here on my blog and updated some supporters only images and words over on my Ko-Fi page. I sold some art this week, packed, and happily posted it. I will be doing just a bit more of that tomorrow as one piece needs a special box. I am thankful for my patron's support now more than ever. 

Oh, but the big news from America is that Biden and Harris won the election!!! The results were finally called on Saturday with more votes being counted still to this day. I am relieved and exhausted. I think most of us needed that win more than we realised. 

I looked back on my work over the last several years and more of the work than you might imagine is about number 45 and living under his reign. Art always tells the truth, it's veiled and strange but often more honest and more immediate in exposing my feelings and the feelings of the world than I can comfortably be. One day on here I will dive deeper and we can discuss how his presidency filtered into the work I made. 

In other news, I continue my walking and watch the seasons change. There is a vegan pot pie in the oven for dinner and I am looking forward to catching up with a show I have been enjoying. Everything is slowing down a bit again with the darkness. It was just about to be spring and here we are again. Covid has changed a lot (understatement of the year). I feel I have lost some habits and anchors but I have gained some new ones along with some new dreams, hopefully to be realised soon. I am out of practice in writing and talking about my work just now. That is why this blog and my Tuesday Videos are so important and that is why if I lose step with the routine it is harder to get it back. The rules are different just now, our expectations for ourselves and each other need to be different too. It's still good to remember what is important and what I want to continue to do or return to doing.

I hope soon to be writing deeply about my work but right now I can just show up and say thank you. 

Until next week, take good care. 

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear your thoughts starting to sizzle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosa! And thanks for leaving a comment here. I often wonder if anyone reads blogs anymore. Mostly it is a practice I do for myself but it is so much lovelier to have a bit of company over here. Thanks again. Hope you are well. x

      Delete
  2. We do read blogs still! Great to ‘have you back’ Megan. This year has affected lots of bloggers and artists (obviously) - I’ve really fallen behind with my own blog. Oh, and the Biden/Harris triumph caused a huge sigh of relief from me too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mari! For some reason I am just seeing this kind comment from you. I hope the new year is treating you well so far - always enjoy seeing your work. Thanks again for stopping by, take care. x

      Delete