Friday, November 5, 2021

Research, mentoring, and a publication!

Hello Dear Readers, 

This week got away from me a bit and I am not sure how, but it did. Oh, I remember now... I fell down a rabbit hole of Hans Holbein the younger's works along with a deep genealogy dive. Look at his lines... Swoon-worthy. 


James Butler, later 9th Earl of Ormond and 2nd Earl of Ossory (c.1496-1546),
c. 1537, Hans Holbein the Younger

In other news, I had some technical issues with my phone so I couldn't film the Tuesday Studio Video Visit, so I will pick up with those next week. Thanks for your patience. 

Excitedly talking about art 

In other, other news, I have enjoyed a bit of artist mentoring again lately and am reminded how much I love that work. If you are interested in working with me please book an appointment through my ko-fi shop. Currently, one hour of mentoring costs £20.

I offer one-to-one email or video mentoring for artists who are at a crossroads with their work or for those who have been away from their art for a while and want to return to it. We can examine your past work, creative habits, and blocks - working together to push through obstacles in a supportive, encouraging, and yet challenging way.

Thanks to all the artists past and present that have used my mentoring service over the years, thank you for trusting me with your thoughts, feelings, and of course your work. It's always an honour. 

Click here to book an appointment: https://ko-fi.com/s/d7d95833e0

One pigeon wing to tether a ghost's heart 

And last but certainly not least, I am delighted to share that I have had a drawing published in issue #3 of 'Less' a journal on degrowth, radical sufficiency and decolonisation in Scotland, produced by Enough! Scotland. The drawing above can be seen next to 'Unlearning empire ~ re-membering earth' by Vishwam Heckert

Vishwam explores how we move beyond empire and imperialism, abstraction and disconnection: “...if we wish to transform our world, we cannot do so without unlearning the embodied and psychic habit of separating ‘us’ and ‘them’ or ‘me’ from the ‘world’.

Pick up a copy at any of the COP26 civic hubs in Glasgow:

– Govan Free State at the GalGael Trust

– COP26 Coalition – Adelaide Place
– Centre for Contemporary Arts CCA Glasgow

– The Centre for Human Ecology’s Clydeside Sessions at the Pearce Institute
– The Tramway

Copies will be distributed to hubs across Scotland shortly – watch this space!

I hope you will pick up a copy and give Enough a follow on Twitter.

That's all I have for you this week. I hope you are well, happy, and inspired (to raise a little hell). Until next week, keep fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment