Friday, November 12, 2021

Experiments and quiet excitement

One of my favourite places, Blackford Hill and Hermitage of Braid

I am really excited about something I am working on. 

Sometimes you just need a change, a challenge, a collaboration...

A good experiment, an assignment, a totally new material. 

But it's all hush-hush, it's just a dream, an idea (for now). 

That's all I can say about that. 

More soon. 

In other news, I went for a walk in one of my favourite places on Sunday (see above and below).

Hermitage of Braid

I visited the SSA annual exhibition with the Abstractionistas on Monday. We celebrated Susan E. Wilson's work getting into the exhibition along with Judith Shaylor's work being included (and sold) in the 30x30 part of the exhibition. It was good to catch up with them both and under such happy circumstances. We enjoyed a coffee afterwards in Princes Street Gardens with the Scott Monument looming over us. The one o'clock gun went off in the distance over my shoulder - made me feel like a tourist. 

Susan E. Wilson with her work in the SSA exhibition

I recorded my Tuesday Studio Video Visit and I walked to my favourite graveyard and saw autumnal colours and felt the sun. 

Warriston Cemetery

After all the week's inspiration, I happily worked on the aforementioned mysterious material in my home studio. I rounded out my week by enjoying the film, The Beat Hotel and chatted with various artists about life and art. 

That sounds like a pretty good week in the life of an artist. Kate Bush provided the soundtrack. I can't complain. 

Speaking of soundtracks, do you know that every month I put together a wee compilation playlist over on Youtube? I lovingly make these for those that support me on Ko-fi. If you have supported me and haven't seen the playlists yet, please drop me a line and I will make sure you have the links. Thank you to everyone who supports me and my work. You are my patrons and part of my community. 

Until next week, keep fighting and believing in possibility. You are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment