Friday, December 24, 2021

Lightness in the dark, sparkly and sweet

It's the morning of Christmas eve and I am awake early in the dark. All my fairy lights are on and I have some Christmas music playing softly in the background. I have a cup of coffee and a shortbread cookie I baked last night. A fitting breakfast. I can hear cars driving along the rainy street outside and the sky is a pale purple. 

What a year and what an end to the year especially. It's been pretty damn hard and frustrating for so many of us. And scary and challenging too. I just want to acknowledge that and thank everyone who has supported my work and my well-being while going through their own heaviness. I see you and appreciate you. 

In this morning's darkness, I celebrate the beauty of nature and the peace that walking gives me and all the new things I have learned and discovered this year, from art to music, and everything in between. I am thankful for family, friends and my community, my beloved cat, patrons, galleries, and for all the opportunities that came along for myself and for the Abstractionistas this year. Of course, I want to thank my fellow Abstractionistas too, for their grit, passion, friendship, and support. 

I will be writing my year-end review blog next Friday, so I don't want to go too deep just now but I do want to start this Christmas weekend with gratitude and appreciation. Thank you for reading this blog.

Wishing you all a beautiful and peaceful holiday weekend. It's not like in the commercials and why would we want it to be? For me, it's about lightness in the dark, sparkly and sweet. Quiet joy and peace, however you find or create it. 

Be well.

Love, 

Megan 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Happy Christmas, Brandon! I hope you are well and happy.
      Thanks so much for stopping by here. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely blog - merry Christmas to you Megan. Hope it’s light and sparkly and 2022 is kind and bountiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amanda! Merry Christmas! I hope 2022 is a brighter year for us all. Have a lovely holiday season! xx

      Delete