Friday, December 2, 2022

I'm dreaming of an artful Christmas


Look at the gorgeous Christmas window at the fabulous Solo Gallery in Innerleithen, Scotland! This really made my week! The window is currently featuring 5 pieces of my work. I'm dreaming of an abstract Christmas...

Solo Gallery was a brand new gallery in the Scottish Borders and opened right before the pandemic struck. Kate, the wonderful gallerist, was excited (and still is) about what she could bring and create there and I was (and still am) so excited to be part of her plans and delighted that she had agreed to take my work. 

Needless to say, everything shut down for extended periods of time and some plans and hopes were dashed. Yet Kate kept on going bringing brilliant art to the borders and she kept showing my work. Happily, she sold a piece of my mine in October. We were both delighted! 

Kate has shown a quiet dedication, flexibility, and tenacity that I find really inspiring. This is no easy task and she could have shipped my work back to me at any time but here we are almost three years later and my work is in the window. Thank you, Kate!

Support Solo Gallery - pop by if you are in the Scottish borders or visit her website to buy fabulous works of art from wherever you may be. 

The window of the gallery looks festive and bright - such a lovely and friendly place to visit

Now let's talk about my wearable collection of eco-friendly t-shirts and totes! From today through Sunday at midnight enjoy free shipping/free post on all orders in the UK. So if you have had your eye on a shirt or tote or need the perfect gift this season, this is a great weekend to save a few pennies. Feel good about supporting my art and the planet at the same time. Shop here: https://gutlessapparel.teemill.com/ 





And that brings us to my exhibition "Divinations, Declarations and Whispers." We are getting close to the final week of the exhibition so if you haven't spent some time yet in the online-only gallery or want to go back and spend some time with your favourites please plan to visit now. The show closes on the night of the 9th of December. Again it has been a real treat to share this body of work with you in this way and I have enjoyed hearing from folks near and far. Share the exhibition with a friend or post the link on social media, then meet up and have a coffee and chat about it. Building community around art is what it is all about for me and I want you to be part of it. https://bit.ly/starlingcampbell


The Starling & Campbell Gallery awaits! 

As I mentioned in a previous post, my building will not be open for open studios this year. Please support my work while you are holiday shopping (or any time) by visiting my ko-fi shop which has a wide variety of mounted small original works as well as prints. I have recently restocked my shop (my prices there range from £20-325). I am always happy to answer more questions, take additional photos, or share videos with you to help with your purchase, and of course, my studio is open by appointment. https://ko-fi.com/meganchapman/shop


This has been a tough year and like so many, I keep going, I keep creating, and I keep sharing because this is what I was born to do. Thank you.

Like what I share? Leave a tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment