Friday, November 10, 2023

Safe as houses

Safe as houses
30x22"/ 76.2x55.8cm
Mixed media 
640gsm smooth fabriano artistico paper
Megan Chapman 2023

Hello, Dear Readers, Skimmers, Browsers, Lurkers and Clickers - 

This person (above) showed up on Monday. I was feeling the deep need to give some time and attention to something creative and expressive, so this is what came of that. I was surprised by the stir she caused over on my FB Art Page. I am always surprised by the portraits. Maybe we all are. Can you believe it was around this time last year that I had my exhibition, Declarations, Divinations, and Whispers

You can see all of those portraits again HERE.

And of course, my special sale continues to help out Bikes for Refugees. There are plenty of affordable original pieces of my art on offer with 40% being donated to help them rebuild after a recent break-in. Thanks to my patrons who have supported me, and Bikes for Refugees so far by shopping my sale. You can also donate to them directly and skip the art. 


I don't know about you, but I am feeling kind of worn out and blue as the nights are drawing in and news of the world is decidedly grim. I plan to make myself some hot chocolate, curl up under the duvet, and rest. Sending love and care out into the world. I hope you can come up with a soothing plan for yourself. 

Thank you for being here. The world needs you and the gifts you bring. Please believe that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment