Friday, March 26, 2010

With my open eyes and heart

Friday again, and sadly no new painting to share this week either, but I did paint and I did look at clouds.

I spent the whole day in my studio painting the same painting over again and again on Monday. Here is a detail of that which no longer exists.


I went to a toxic waste site/poisoned town on Tuesday.

dream house, Picher Oklahoma © 2010 Megan Chapman

I gave a lecture/tour on Thursday.

I meditated in the woods today.
(and I remembered how much I love the sound of running water)

Tilly Willy Bridge © 2010 Megan Chapman

I have some strange ideas about April, May and June...
Now, here is a lovely video. Until next week, keep fighting.

6 comments:

  1. Love that Tilly Willy shot. You're having a full life lately. Talk to you soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice a varied - I like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effects of Twilly Willy shot. Do you mind sharing the details of taking the pic?

    To be honest I enjoy all of your artwork. Glad it's all working out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all.

    Amy- I am not sure what details you are interested in. But, I walked out onto the Tilly Willy bridge and the water was very high, gushing from underneath, there was a heavy fog clinging in the trees in the distance but the sun was up trying to burn through but still illuminating the water. I use pretty simple means in taking my photographs- since my photography is more of a passionate hobby. I have a point and shoot camera and no tripod. The Samsung L85 is what I use to take all my photographs and then I post process them simply in either iphoto or picasa on my mac. If you want to know more please let me know.

    Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. megan

    I was a little vague in my question, wasn't I? LOL

    Actually you answered my questio very well, so thank you.

    I purchased my first digital camera last summer (Olympus E-510). I'm still learning how to optimize its features. I have a bad habit of picking other photographers brains when I see effects in their photos that appeal to me, so thanks for indulging me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog while i was surfing.Just seen your pics, i really like;).
    What do you think about abstract art? you do that ??

    ReplyDelete