Friday, April 2, 2010

This is April

while you sleep © 2010 Megan Chapman

Well, the painting that had been driving me mad all month, finally came to some sort of resolution by Wednesday evening. No, you still can't see it. I was just too scattered this month to really paint the way I would like, and it really got to me, but I did other things of value. I have to remind myself of this. I did other artistic things. I interacted in the world as an artist (do I have any other choice). This month there was too much talking and too many voices for me to focus but that is okay. I produced a ton of work the month prior, because I was so inspired and that type of production is not sustainable no matter how much I would like it to be. Anyway, does it sound like I am trying to convince myself of something...

In other news, last night the Fayetteville Underground, (where my studio is) celebrated their one year anniversary with some amazing exhibitions and a huge turn out. I am so proud to be affiliated with this organization. The shows just keep getting better and better and it is so inspiring to be connected to so many wonderful artists. I feel a real sense of community with my peers, and that is a great feeling. We all work extremely hard to make the Underground what it is. The visiting artists are no different, they always make us look good. It is amazing to think of all we have accomplished over the past year. I just have to say again how inspired I am by the work I get to see on a regular basis. To learn more about the Underground and the exhibitions we have currently click here.

Here is a photograph of my 4 paintings currently showing in the back vault gallery at the underground this month.



I think there are other things I would like to say and report, but I can't find the words right now. Thank you for reading this if you have and supporting me as an artist. I like knowing you are there.

Until next week, you know what to do.

7 comments:

  1. I promise not to talk so much this month, but it sure is a joy to converse with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll simply dance more quietly this next month. If I weren't off ever so often, how would I know when I was on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that I'll also try to be anonymous...Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love getting wacky blog comments from my studio mates...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, if only I were a rich man…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!
    Keep smiling with your achievements. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan :] ...Your work speaks for itself :]
    It's very wonderful & such an empowering feeling to have support from your fellow artists & friends...this really makes a huge difference in one's work :]

    ReplyDelete