Friday, April 23, 2010

Eleven Paintings: The New White Series

Falling into sound

Something Quiet

Right Words, Wrong Frequency
sold

As you said

Where Stranger's Dreams Cling
sold

Sometimes

The Absence of Fear
sold

Dispensing old memory

I dream of tornadoes...

The notes we will never sing

A pocket full of live wires


Here is the white series at this point in time (there will be more). I posted the newest additions first. These are posted in roughly the order they were painted, working backwards in time. These are just studio snap shots, the work will be documented properly at a later date. I am pleased with how these are turning out. It has been a very expansive feeling to move away from my usual colors, and see where this series takes me. I am enjoying looking back to my past work to tease out this seemingly new direction. I probably could write a lot about what these are all about and how I've made them, but I would like you to be with them mostly. Thanks for stopping in.

For those interested, the top painting, Falling into Sound, was created while listening to the song Celestica by the Crystal Castles at full blast and on repeat.

And yes, I was dancing...

all paintings © 2010 Megan Chapman




8 comments:

  1. What a powerful and profound series, it is great to see them all together, one by one. I love where this work is taking you. Keep on dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both, and thanks to my blipfoto friends who have stopped by as well and of course thanks to the lurkers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know how much I adore this direction and these paintings.. what is hard to do is seperate one single image as they all work in such fluid grace of each other..
    Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I soo love this series. I am still in awe of it all - its so emotionally resonant. Don't ask me to expand on that - it just is, and that's how I love to experience it. Each new addition brings another aspect and brings the series more alive.
    Wonderful perspectives and 3D effects going on too.
    Megan - you rock ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your lovely words Mr. Supervisor.It is a joy to work with you so closely. Thank you also Debs! I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends near and far.
    I am thrilled with the reactions I am getting from this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For my eye this group works as a testiment to Wabi Sabi and all things that carry the patina of decay and the transitory nature of...well of nature breakin gdown and returning to earth...they're stunning to scroll through...so glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Donna.
    I really appreciate your recent comments.
    I loved your interpretation of these works.
    It is spot on as far as what I am going for in this series, so it is a thrill to read your words.

    ReplyDelete