Friday, April 9, 2010

Resolution

Right Words, Wrong Frequency ©2010 Megan Chapman

I thought this painting had come to some resolution by last Wednesday, but I was wrong. It was too plain, too spacious, too something that I couldn't put my finger on. So, on Monday I got back into it, and by Wednesday it declared itself done. Yesterday, I varnished it. I am pleased and relieved. It was a strange piece, it is not like me to focus on one work and as intensely as I did for a month and a half, but I am glad I did. I wish my photograph was better, but for now this gives you a pretty good idea of the piece. I think I also completed another small piece that I had started on Monday, but I am not sure and I don't want to steal any thunder from my month long monster just yet. So far there are 10 pieces (1-2 are still in progress) in the new white series. I was planning on holding them back and compiling them until I have a solo show in November, but that seems so far away. People are getting excited about them now, and I would like to share them as well. I may put a few in the back vault gallery at the Underground next month.

So here is a preview of all of the currently finished works together. There will be more works in this series to come. Music in the slide show by Sigur Rós the track is called Takk...

Untitled from Megan Chapman on Vimeo.


Until next week.

4 comments:

  1. There are few words that come close to describing these works; they speak without words, which is how a painting should speak.

    They are just the most sublime and beautiful yet.

    Every drip, every scratch.. hidden and revealed.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these a lot. I don't know how to buy art though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fallen in love with your White Series. Its such a beautiful series - it says so much, but still has a mysterious veiling about it.
    Congratulations ♥

    ReplyDelete