Friday, June 9, 2017

Politics, paint, and hope.


I stayed up all night on Thursday watching the GE 2017 election results come in. I went to sleep at 6:30 Friday morning not sure what I had just witnessed and knew my day and possibly the days ahead would be a bit off kilter. Hence the delay in this blog post.

One thing I do know is that it is wonderful to see the youth being active, politically engaged, and voting. More of that, please! It's your world you are creating. Keep fighting for it!



Back to art, this week, armed with some new materials in the form of Pebeo brand acrylics I purchased on sale (they really are pretty nice) and some different mediums (inspired by the MOMA course), I set to work on 5 small works on canvas. Mostly just experimental and probably to be reworked again. I also started accidental portrait #7. She is staring at me from the wall as I type and though she has no eyes (yet), she has quite a gaze.

I got word while I was watching the GE2017 results that accidental portrait #6 was desired by the patrons who put me on the planet (my parents) so that will make the third portrait headed to the States. I am grateful for the support! Thank you!

I have been exploring other means for supporters of my work to become patrons but that is another conversation for another day. I will keep you posted. In other news, I am having a studio sale of some small original paintings in my Etsy shop.

That's all I have for you this week. Thanks for tuning in. Don't let the bastards get you down and keep fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment