Friday, April 26, 2019

You make my heart sing : Look what we did!



Thanks to eight lovely art patrons and many shares across social media, in less than one week, we were able to raise £495 to help Bikes for Refugees Scotland. This donation will put nine bikes on the road and give refugees a warm welcome and free transportation. Together we made a difference! Thank you very much, you really do make my heart sing with your generosity. I made the donation earlier this week. I am honoured to be able to use my work in this way and grateful for my patron's support. Thank you!



I received this record of our donation yesterday.



In other news, inspired and feeling supported, I worked on six small works on deep canvas this week. I would say these are still in progress but there was something I liked enough of about them to document them at this stage.

They are 20x20x4cm/8x8x1.5” and have a springy vibe but to be honest the colours may be a bit jacked up in these phone snaps. Stay tuned...









Oh and in other news, read this book by Viv Albertine and perhaps listen to this podcast, what she says about women in the arts (all sorts) is spot on in my opinion and I am grateful that she gives this voice. 

I apologise for being a bit absent on the blogging front, some astute readers may notice that I have gone back and filled in all the gaps this year. 2019 is now up to date and I feel a sense of relief. I love this old blog of mine and I aim to do better by it some longer think pieces coming soon. 

Rise up, wake up, make a difference, use what you have. Keep fighting, we need you!

With sincere gratitude and love, 

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment