Friday, January 27, 2023

Fuel the Creative Fire!


Creating art can be challenging and filled with obstacles. From an artist's block to a lack of inspiration, it is not uncommon for life to get in the way of making your art. With a few simple steps, time, and care, you can get back on track and make the art you have always wanted. Whether it's getting organized, setting goals, or taking a break from your work, there are plenty of ways to overcome these obstacles and find inspiration again.


It's easy to get overwhelmed and feel like you don't know where to start. I am a big fan of taking a break and giving yourself some time away from your work. This will help clear your head and allow you to come back with fresh ideas. 


It's also essential to find ways of staying inspired, such as taking yourself out to look at art, listening to music, or watching films that spark creativity. Everyone has days when they feel like they are running out of ideas and inspiration. It's normal and ok to take a break from your work. These ebbs are part of the creative process.


Find ways to re-energize so you can get back on track. Try different non-art-related activities, or take a walk outside - whatever works for you! You may find that giving yourself permission to take a break from the endless cycle of social media promotion will help you come back with new ideas and inspirations.


Finally, don't be afraid to ask for help from others who may have gone through similar experiences or who can offer advice on how to best tackle the challenge. 


You could always book a session with an art mentor if you feel stuck while facing a challenge in your work. I offer this service and it is one of my favourite parts of my art practice. I get inspired working with other artists and watching them move forward.


I have been a professional artist for over 27 years, and during this time, I have developed a deep understanding of the creative process. My extensive knowledge and experience have made me highly skilled in identifying problems and offering solutions to help my fellow artists reach their creative goals. Together we can use creative problem-solving and develop strategies and practices to help you move forward. 


My dedication to helping others find their voice and unique spark drives me. With my strong background in art, I have the perfect skill set to support artists looking for advice and guidance in their work. My approach is tailored to each individual and their specific needs. Come get unstuck with me!


I offer one-to-one video mentoring with additional email support for artists at a crossroads with their work or feeling overwhelmed by their projects. In-person appointments can also be arranged in my studio in Leith, Edinburgh. You can book a session HERE or send me a message with any questions beforehand. I hope to hear from you and work with you soon.  


Enjoy a moment of calm and breathe with me on the latest Tuesday Studio Video Visit. Until next week, keep fighting or go take a walk...


No comments:

Post a Comment