This week saw a return to business as usual after the delightful visit from my neice. I returned to my studio routine and my job.
I did still manage a bit of fun last weekend. I enjoyed a coffee meet up and some hyper local charity shopping with a pal last Saturday and then on Sunday another pal and I went to see the Phoebe Anna Traquair Murals. We also popped into a few other fringe art offerings, a lovely cafe, and a graveyard - so that's a great time in my book! I have seen the murals several times now but it was a treat to take our time and to really look at them.
I painted a small painting (above). It is odd but has something I like about it. It doesn't exactly sit in the small series I have been working on but that's okay.
I also finished a book I picked up in our local charity bookshop while browsing last week. I really enjoyed Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro. I see it has been made into a film. I watched the trailer after I finished the book and I am glad I read the book first. I will definitely read more of Ishiguro's work. I am unsure how I missed him all these years - after all he wrote The Remains of the Day. Klara and the Sun is beautiful, moving, and very timely.
Things cross your path when they are meant to I guess.
That's all I have for you just now as I have a busy day ahead tomorrow.
I hope you are well, happy, and inspired wherever you are. And if not, tomorrow is another day. Keep fighting!
No comments:
Post a Comment