Friday, April 24, 2009

Spectacular Spectacular!


Oh where to start...
What a week and a half I've had. Twelve days away from all those social sites, has yielded some amazing benefits.

First of all I am pleased to let my readers in Austin, Texas know that you can now find some of my paintings in your neck of the woods. I just shipped 5 small 10x10" paintings to a lovely boutique called Wear Art Thou, and like all my 10x10" paintings these are affordably priced at $275. Please visit the shop or tell your friends in the Austin,Texas area to check it out. Their website (here) is very spare but it does have their hours and location. To see which pieces of mine they have currently just visit my website and click on work and then Wear Art Thou.

Second, I am beyond thrilled to say I have just moved into my new studio space outside my home!!! I just signed the lease on a studio in the Fayetteville Underground. I am in studio 19 and will be keeping regular hours there painting and helping to promote the space and my fellow artists with whom I share the basement of One East Square Plaza. I am very excited about this project. I have visited other cities that have these type collectives and affordable studios for artists and always lamented that my town didn't have one. It is just the thing Fayetteville needs, and I think the timing is perfect. I have been very busy this week painting my studio walls and moving my things into the space.

This is a dream come true for me, and the possibilities are endless. It is a very exciting time. I want to thank all my friends, family, teachers, and everyone who has said a kind word to an artist, everyone who encourages an artist to go for it, everyone who makes a dream like this possible. I have people all over the world that keep telling me to go for it, and that is why ten years out of art school I am still an artist and I keep moving forward. It is a bumpy, crazy, and questionable path, but as long as I have people that believe in me I will keep fighting to stay on course and creating art. If you are an artist, please keep at it. I know it can be hard, but the world needs you.

So today I dedicate this post to the forward thinkers, the artists of the world, the gallery owners, the patrons, the collectives, the coffee shops that hang local art, the building owners that give space at a reduced rate for artist's studios, and anyone who makes cool and creative things happen around the world. THANK YOU.

For more information about the Fayetteville Underground please visit
http://fayettevilleunderground.com/about.html

Find me in studio 19...

7 comments:

  1. oooooh! This is so exciting! I can't wait to stop by and say hello and check t all out. (I STILL have not made it to FU yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have a real studio! wooohooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your studio!! I am definetly going to go check out your work in Austin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the studio Megan!!!
    So awesome!
    I'm so happy to hear about your productivity too. :D


    p.s. I'm still missing you out here in the mass of social networks...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for your enthusiasm.
    I appreciate it...

    Abstractheart- if you do go to Wear Art Thou in Austin please let me know what you think of the shop. Thanks!

    I think by the end of the weekend I will be all settled and able to start painting again! I am looking forward to restocking my etsy shop...
    and I will be returning to the land of social networks by May 1...

    thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The collective there in Fayetteville.
    FINALLY!
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Antoinette AtanasoffOctober 5, 2009 at 10:01 PM

    Hi Megan, it has been awhile. Am at a loss for words at the beauty and wonder of your creativity. You are remarkable. Read something recently want to share: "Man's spiritual eye can sleep, but...a sleeping eye can still see. Every shut eye is not asleep".
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete