Friday, January 21, 2022

All in good time

Hello Lovely Blog Readers, 

Thanks to everyone who stopped by last week to read my last post regarding calling up the warriors. It was a very popular post according to the numbers and some folks let me know that it really resonated. Thank you very much. It is always interesting to see how a certain post lands with my readers, especially after all these years. Can you believe that my blog will turn 15 this coming April? We will have to celebrate!

In other news, I did something a bit different with my Tuesday Studio Video Visit this week as well. This week, I shared a meditative and simple process to get our hands moving again if we are stuck in a rut simply by returning to mark making and tuning into the process as we listen to and evaluate our feelings, thoughts, and experiences. This video also seemed to resonate well with people and some have suggested that I create a separate mark making series of videos. We will see. If you have any opinions about it please leave a comment either here or on youtube (or message me on social media somewhere). It was fun to do something different and talk through a process. Sometimes we all need a jumpstart or some hand holding to make a move or a mark! Here it is if you missed it. Please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel if you haven't already. Thank you. 


In other news, later today I will be joining the Abstractionistas in our first collective meeting of the new year. We will be discussing future plans and exhibitions. I will have more to tell you about that next week. 

I have been hearing from several artists that this year is off to a slow start for them and I think maybe that is for the best. We are still in the heart of winter, we are animals and we are rebuilding our energies so that perhaps we can burst out again to the surface in spring like all the flowers. So, if you are feeling stressed about not working yet or not working enough try not to worry. All in good time - be like the flowers and the animals, rest in nature and trust. 

Jean Honoré Fragonard, The Swing, c. 1767. Oil on canvas
31 7/8 inches × 25 ¼ inches. London, Wallace Collection

Thanks for dropping by and for enjoying the blog and the videos. Soon, there will be new works and exhibition news to share as we all burst back out onto the scene like a Rococo fantasy. 

Until next week, take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment