Friday, March 30, 2018

New work, exhibition news, and a sale!

I am writing you from my bed this week, no coffee shop experience here. This week I came down with a wee cold. I only made it to my studio on Monday. I worked on two paintings, quite energetically. It felt so good to work that I just went for it and I think I just did myself in. By the evening I knew I was heading down sore throat lane and would be soon spending quality time with our sweet cat, Theo and Netflix for the remainder of the week (there are worse things).

I even missed the Tuesday Studio Video Visit! Even with all this, I do have a fuzzy image of my latest painting to share and then later some good news! First the painting, this is just a snapshot from the studio (my old iPhone is showing it's age with the blurry camera- but you get a sense of it).

New work

This piece is a bit smaller than the others in the series. I was having a bit of trouble with the much larger 100x120cm canvas I was working on and needed to make something come together, and this 51x41cm did the trick.

In exciting news, I was just asked by the fabulous Union Gallery here in the west end of Edinburgh to paint 4 large-scale pieces for a group exhibition coming up this July! This thrills me to no end and I can't wait to get to painting these pieces. I will keep you posted as the work emerges and it gets closer to the show but if you are local/regional to Edinburgh pencil sometime in July to attend an opening.

In addition to that great news, today I was informed that one of my new large-scale works just sold from the current exhibition at The  Velvet Easel Gallery! I may have squealed a bit when I read the good news from the gallery owner. It is always such an electric charge to sell a painting, it feels like the best reward for years of hard work and I am overjoyed and very thankful! It's an honour for me when someone sees and responds to my vision for my art and chooses it for their own.

Acceptance 80x80cm mixed media on canvas sold


With this good news, as well as my art mentoring continuing to pick up steam, things feel very hopeful at this moment professionally. I am working hard and it's weeks like these when it all starts to feel like it's coming together. I am grateful.

Next week I look forward to catching up in the studio and having a nice long chat with you all on the Tuesday Studio Video Visit, along with a dash of mentoring with my fellow artists near and far.

I hope you are well, happy, and inspired. If you are not any of those things, I hope you know the world needs you and your art and the good things usually will come back around, so hang in there. Thank you all for being part of my art world.

No comments:

Post a Comment