Friday, October 1, 2021

Exhibition news! Ko-fi support and more!


Exhibition news:

The Abstractionistas in collaboration with GOSSIP Collective and Forth Valley B.A Students

DuSt
Saturday 9 October 2021 - Sunday 10 October 2021
Open from 11-4 pm
Bannockburn House
Stirling
FK7 8EY

Megan Chapman, Judith Shaylor, and Susan Wilson are the Abstractionistas. These women bring a depth of experience in the arts and a firm dedication to abstract expression, each one striking a different chord with their use of colour, line, space, and drama. The goal of the collective is to create more opportunities to share the enduring importance, power and pull of abstraction with viewers across Scotland.

The Abstractionistas are delighted to join forces with the GOSSIP Collective and the Forth Valley B.A. Students for this exciting two-day exhibition in the historic Bannockburn House.

Abstractionistas:
FB: https://www.facebook.com/Abstractionistas
IG: https://www.instagram.com/abstractionistas

GOSSIP Collective:

FB https://www.facebook.com/GossipArtCollective
IG: https://www.instagram.com/gossipartcollective

Bannockburn House:

FB:https://www.facebook.com/BannockburnHouse
IG:https://www.instagram.com/bannockburnhouse

I hope you will join us if you are able.


Casting spells on paper: One pigeon wing to tether a ghost's heart


In other news, I have continued on with my mark-making exercises to help me get out of my rut and return to remembering my foundations. After working on several small paper pieces/exercises, I moved on this week to six A2 sized papers and spent a bit longer with my marks and actually got to a place I liked. It was a good feeling. I shared those works over on my ko-fi page for my supporters as soon as I had them documented.

As I mentioned over there, I enjoyed the introduction of my favourite inky pen to the mix along with Conte crayon, charcoal, oil pastel and white paint and some words (I have shared one of the six drawings above).

As I wrote to a supporter, I am trying to get into the habit of always posting on Ko-fi first rather than on my social channels and sharing more behind the scenes work rather than always finished products. It's a bit of a hard switch as of course there are more eyes on the work over on Facebook and Instagram but at the same time, I would like to create a more intimate relationship with my supporters. The hard part is also getting people used to coming over to ko-fi to see things and to perhaps support me financially. We will see what develops.

Speaking of ko-fi, I am having a shop wide sale until midnight October 3rd. I wanted to celebrate the anniversary of my 7 years of living in Scotland along with my 1 year anniversary of becoming a citizen! To take advantage of the sale all you need to do is click this code everything in my shop is 10% off. https://ko-fi.com/meganchapman/link/SCOTLAND

Thanks to the two patrons that have snapped up two of my "ghosts of the past" limited edition prints from my shop sale! These selections are inspired by the Scottish diaspora (as seen below).


There is too much space here and always of the wrong kind

You are of the land you left behind,
you built the land that will remain a stranger

And of course, I am still creating my Tuesday Studio Video Visits, please visit my YouTube to catch up on those, if you have been missing them.

That's all I have for you this week. I hope you are well, happy, and inspired and at the same time, it's okay if you are not. I get it - just keep fighting. Point your face towards the sky and take good care of yourself. We need you and your gifts.

Thanks for spending some time with me and my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment