Friday, October 15, 2021

Reflections of Bannockburn house and new small works.


The house kept us just warm enough as we walked the old wooden floors and looked out through the open doors. I balanced a perfect cup of tea on an old radiator behind the red wingbacked chair in front of the window. Abstract art dotted the walls and furniture. It was a perfect rainy Saturday and a sunny and sweet Sunday would follow. 

I relaxed into the old space. It felt like home to me - solid and calm. A place of solace, in its old age and slight decay - authentic and real. It breathed the damp into its bones just as I did. Occasionally, I would be called out to walk beside the five sisters, the old redwoods planted just a bit too close to completely thrive, but oh how they survived anyway. 

Everywhere you looked around the old house and grounds there were stories of perseverance and hope. An ideal setting to show and share art.  




Thanks to everyone who came along to see the Abstractionistas at Bannockburn House this past weekend. We enjoyed sharing our work in such a beautiful and historic home. Visit the Bannockburn House website to learn how you can volunteer or consider donating to help restore this community-owned treasure.

In other news, I have listed the remaining nine small works I painted especially for the exhibition, they are on raw canvas and are mounted and ready to pop into a standard 8x10" frame. You can find them all in my Ko-fi shop.



I hope you are well, happy and inspired. Never doubt what a small group of dedicated and passionate individuals can do. Thanks for being here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment